SWAN BAY EXPRESS SERVICE
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride
2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17 December – sold out sorry
26, 28, 31 December
2, 4, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28 January
Special Australia Day service planned: Friday 26 January – details coming soon
4, 11, 18, 25 February
Take a scenic train trip along picturesque Swan Bay in carriages that are fully enclosed, yet offer the time-honoured option of raising a window to really become part of the passing landscape.
Trains depart from the historic Queenscliff Station for a 45-minute return trip to Lakers Siding at
11.00am – 12.00pm – 2.15pm
Our volunteer Booking Officers will issue passengers with an Edmondson ticket as a souvenir of the trip, and offer a printed Lineside Guide and Spotto Activity Sheet for the kids – so make sure you ‘check in’ at the booking office window before jumping on-board!
Fur passengers are welcome to travel with their families, providing they are friendly with fellow passengers and travel in the carriage allocated by our volunteers. Space may be limited and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Trains run on most Sundays year-round, most public holidays and extra days during school holidays with Family Specials available. Private Carriage Hire can be arranged for family and social groups, when the service is running – please contact us HERE for details and to check availability as bookings are essential.
$17 adult – $15 concession – $13 Child
$55 Family1 (2 adult/2 children) – $65 Family2 (2 adult/3 children)
Toddlers/babies 0-3 years do not require a ticket for this service.
Online bookings close at 10am on each running day, with tickets available at the gate, unless sold out prior and all sessions depart Queenscliff Station.
While the advertised service is generally hauled by a steam locomotive, we reserve the right to use a diesel locomotive, on days of Total Fire Ban and when repair and maintenance are needed.
By booking tickets you confirm that you have read and accepted the service information, requirements, disclaimers, fees and terms detailed on this page.
TRIP & BOOKING INFO - CLICK HERE
Our trains depart from the Queenscliff Station: 20 Symonds (bottom of Hesse) Street, Queenscliff 3225 VIC
- Online bookings close at 10am on each train running day.
- Tickets are not refundable unless the operator cancels the service outright.
- When booking tickets you agree to receive an email requesting optional feedback after your visit, to give us valuable information on ways we can improve.
- VOUCHERS: Booking requests for voucher holders are accepted by email within business hours. Alternatively, present the voucher at the gate, however, tickets are subject to availability. Please note that family tickets are excluded, as they are already discounted. Send email HERE
Companion Card holders
- The Bellarine Railway accepts Companion Cards for the Swan Bay Express.
- A companion is able to travel on the Swan By Express event free of charge when their client purchases an adult or concession ticket online.
- To arrange a companion ticket, please forward the booking confirmation email, with a scan of the companion card HERE
- Please note that email requests will only receive responses during business hours. On days when trains are running, our Booking Officers will be available at Queenscliff Station to assist you with any inquiries or requests in person.
Purchasing tickets on the day
- Tickets may be purchased at Queenscliff Station unless sold out prior – please check with the booking officer for availability.
- Any available tickets are sold to walk-up patrons on a first-come, first-served basis. No telephone bookings are possible. Cashless payments are preferred.
- Pre-booked patrons must present their tickets at the booking office window before boarding the train, to confirm their arrival and collect the souvenir ticket(s).
- Patrons arriving late, accept that they will be moved to the next scheduled service, however, this is subject to availability.
Toilets are located at Queenscliff Station, not onboard the train or at Lakers Siding.
REQUIREMENTS & TERMS - CLICK HERE
- Currently, there are allocated carriages or seats, we reserve the right to ask to share ‘sets’ of seats, to accommodate fellow passengers.
- Patrons are advised that our heritage carriages may not be accessible to all wheelchairs, depending on the width of the chair.
- We recommend calling 5258 2069 during business hours (at least 48 hours prior) to discuss how we can best meet your needs. Wheelchair users may ride with the Guard, however, space may be subject to availability.
Photography & Videos
- From time to time The Bellarine Railway carries out photography and/or video recording which may feature visitors on its premises. By booking, you agree that The Bellarine Railway may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with The Bellarine Railway.
- Service timetables, calendars, motive power (steam/diesel), and fares may be altered with little or no advance notice.
- We reserve the right to operate the scheduled service with a diesel locomotive due to maintenance requirements, Other reasons may include but are not limited to unforeseen circumstances and on days of Total Fire Ban. On days of extreme weather, we also reserve the right to cancel the day’s service.
Changing Train Date/Service
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the operator cancels the service outright.
- Requests for day-of-travel changes will only be considered when received via email – HERE – no less than, 48 hours before the pre-booked date.