No posts available
Terms and Conditions
Trading Terms and Conditions
Online Trading Terms & Conditions for the Geelong Steam Preservation Society (GSPS) (ABN: 72 004 819 130) trading as The Bellarine Railway (BR).
All prices in Australian Dollars (AUD) including GST.
Customer Service and Ticket Sales
The GSPS is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavour to make sure that all products listed on our website are currently available and pricing is true and correct.
Customers are to print purchased tickets from the online booking system. The Bellarine Railway will print and post tickets if requested (a $10 fee will apply for this service).
In the event that an ordered item is not available, or we are unable to fulfil your order, we will notify you within 2 business days to arrange an agreed alternative item, a backorder or a full refund.
Passengers with Special Needs
Passengers with Special Needs (e.g. wheel chair access) are recommended to contact our Booking Office on 03 52582069, rather than book online. This way we can determine whether your needs can be accommodated on the service requested.
- Tickets are NOT transferable to other events or refundable
- On declared days of TOTAL FIRE BAN that include the State of Victoria’s Central Zone, steam locomotives will NOT operate. A diesel locomotive service may operate as an alternative.
- On declared days of Code Red and Extreme Fire Danger Ratings in the Central Zone, The Bellarine Railway will not operate.
- Should The Bellarine Railway be unable to run scheduled services we will endeavour to transfer your booking to another date. If this is not possible a full refund will be given. In this instance we will notify you of the cancellation by email or phone as soon as possible. To enable this we encourage you to provide us with your email address and a mobile telephone number at the time of booking.
- Whilst every attempt is made to honour all bookings The Bellarine Railway reserves the right to alter events, timetables, or motive power (locomotives) without prior notice.
- The Bellarine Railway is a non-smoking, non BYO venue.
- Service and/or travel on the train at the commencement of, or during the forward or return journey, may be refused to any person who shows signs of intoxication.
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages we do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs, prams or wheelchairs. There is a baby change facility at Queenscliff but we do not provide bottle warming facilities.
Tickets will NOT be refunded due to:
- Unfavourable weather conditions on the day of the booking
- Changes to service times less than 1 hour in variation
- Changes to motive power (i.e. substitution of steam locomotive for diesel locomotive)
- Total Fire Ban applicable to the Central Zone
- Mechanical Failures
- Infrastructure failures
- Staff illness or disability
- Loss of tickets by customer
- Change of mind by customer
- Customer failing to attend booked event
- Inability to provide a particular Day Out With Thomas character or event component
The GSPS is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information we collect in relation to you is kept strictly secure. We do not pass-on, sell or exchange any of your personal details with any other party. We only use this information to identify your orders and to personalise your experience with us.
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address,” and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes. An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalise an order you may wish to make. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
When purchasing from GSPS your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.